Windows Network Administrator
Suffolk, VA 23434
TierPM is seeking an experienced Windows Network Administrator for a temporary contract assignment in the Suffolk, VA area.
***Note: This is a temporary 3-6 month contract opportunity.***
Key Position Responsibilities:
- Working knowledge of various Windows operating systems such as XP/Win7/Win10, Server 2008/2012 and associated products to include but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues with networks, network devices, desktop hardware, various operating systems and application software in a LAN / standalone environment.
- Knowledge of administrative and office management principles and practices.
- Ability to work effectively in a both a team and independent environment.
- Advanced knowledge of computer software including operating systems and database programs.
- Knowledge with installing different types of fiber cabling is not required but helpful.
- Significant travel (usually day trips) may be required.
Required Experience and Skills:
- At least 3 years experience and working knowledge of various Windows operating systems such as XP, Windows 7 and Wndows 10
- Must have Windows Server 2008 and 2012 administration and support experience
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues with networks, network devices, desktop hardware, various operating systems and application software
- Advanced knowledge of computer software and database programs
- Experience installing different types of fiber cabling is a significant nice to have
Education and Certifications:
- 4 year college degree in information technology or related field nice to have.
- Certification in MSCE, Comptia Net+ or Comptia A+ nice to have.