Video Broadcast Engineer
New York, NY 10002
We are looking for a Senior Onsite Video Broadcast Engineer for our client site in New York, NY reporting directly to the Strategic Onsite AV Manager.
The Video Broadcast Engineer maintains and is responsible for all repairs and servicing of client' s audio video equipment and fully integrated conference, auditoriums and board rooms. This includes broadcast equipment including production studio cameras and audio switching boards. The ideal candidate will interface directly with the client on a daily basis and their responsibilities include maintaining daily functionality of all AV and integrated conference rooms. The position will collaborate with our client' s management team and other company employees; this is a key role in maintaining a good partner relationship and being sensitive to our client' s needs and schedules.
What you will be doing?
- Ensure that all systems are fully functional, and that equipment and system downtime are kept to a minimum.
- Accurately and quickly diagnose, log and remedy faults and problems. Troubleshoot electronic systems and equipment and provide repairs.
- Perform routine maintenance and problem diagnosis for projectors, microphones, speakers, amplifiers, LCD/Plasma Displays.
- Perform routine maintenance and problem diagnosis for studio cameras, audio switching boards and oter professional broadcasting equipment.
- Interface with manufacturers, developers, engineers, and project managers to provide resolutions for highly complex systems
- Perform remote troubleshooting for local and regional offices
- Perform network troubleshooting to diagnose static and dynamic IPs
- Utilize audio mixer software to calibrate and eliminate echo and feedback
- Gather and analyze system logs and system settings for Cisco codecs, Crestron control systems, mixers, and broadcast equipment as needed.
- Ensure a prompt, courteous and appropriate response to all customer requests for assistance and support, working to defined service level agreements and within contractual timeframes/frameworks.
- Ensure complete closeout and turnover of jobs to the client or service department.
- Earn trust with client management by providing consistent results in highly demanding situations with unpredictable variable.
What Experience, Skills and Attributes you will need to be successful?
- Ability to read and utilize blue prints and audio/video flow diagrams
- Have a working knowledge of video conferencing units and codes and AV control systems (AMX, Crestron and Cisco)
- Have a working knowledge of audio DSP based technologies, gain structure and the requirements of sound reinforcement within the presentation environment.
- Ability to distribute a large quantity of digital media through SAN Systems.
- Proven experience in the testing, fault finding, servicing, maintenance, engineering and installation of electronic audio-visual systems, or a related field.
- Knowledge of touch screen and web-based programming and control technology.
- Ability to think & work independently and meet necessary deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize and work under pressure is essential.
- Be able to work on own initiative and accept accountability.
- Highly effective oral communication and customer-facing skills.
- Strong organizational skills and consistent ability to self-motivate in a rapid response environment
What qualifications are required?
- High School diploma required
- College degree in a related technical field a plus
- Minimum 5 years related experience
- Minimum two years break/fix and/or system integration experience
- CTS, DMC-E and continuing AV training preferred
- " Hands-on" strong background in the support of multi-venue video and audio conference events & multi-projection systems
- Experience in providing technical support and/or maintaining a broadcast/editing environment a plus.
- Adhere to and understand OSHA standards for all phases of the job.
- Proficient in the safe use of hand and power tools.
- Proficient with solder, compression & crimp type connectors.
- Strong desire to learn and be trained.