Technical Director - Event Technology
Dallas, TX 75001
An exciting opportunity for an Audio Visual Event Technical Director in Dallas!
A leading audio visual event technology firm is looking for an experienced Event Technical Director in Dallas.
The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of superior event management experience working with clients to plan, deploy and support their Audio Visual event technology needs during corporate meetings and large trade show events.
The production manager communicates closely with Event Planners, Clients, Technicians and Facility Managers to ensure that all audio visual components are implemented in such a way as to provide a solution that meets the demands, not only of individuals involved, but also the goal(s) of the particular event.
Overall project management responsibilities. Plan, organize, schedule, and supervise resources and activities required to meet project deliverables.
In charge of supervising and scheduling the staffing of technicians for all events using a combination of internal, freelance staff and external staff of up to 30 employees from various trade unions and contractors.
Perform site visits with customers and/or event planners to determine their individual standards for onsite productions as it relates to audio visual technician support.
Work with customers prior to, the day of, and during events to ensure the proper staffing and make real time adjustments as necessary.
Be prepared to be a contingency technician on an exception basis which may include assist with configuration, setup and tear down of audio visual equipment in addition to physical configuration (lifting involved) and connecting and interfacing all audio visual equipments.
Respond to technical RFPs and RFQs.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years experience in Audio Visual industry in event project management, coordination and leadership.
- Experience managing teams of AV technicians during live events.
- Extensive knowledge of operating audio visual equipment which includes but is not limited to audio, data, lighting, staging, video, etc.
- Experience working from an IT and AV event company
- Must have " Live" Corporate Event Experience
- Familiar with Audio, Video and Lighting best practices and standards
- Must have A/V industry experience
- Strong Communication Skills
Education and Certifications:
- CTS and/or any other A/V Industry certifications desired not required.
Position Code: TPM14144