Senior Event Production Manager
Orlando, FL 32837
We have an exciting opportunity for an Audio Visual Event Technology Senior Production Manager in Orlando, FL!
A leading global provider of audio visual and IT event technology rental and staging services, is looking for an experienced Senior Audio Visual Event Production Manager in the Orlando, FL area to plan, execute and lead audio visual requirements at “ big show” events throughout the United States as well as around the globe.
The ideal applicant will have at least 5 years of project management and event management experience working with audio visual and IT rental and staging team members to plan, staff and run corporate meetings, trade shows, concerts and similar “ big show” events ensuring delivery of audio visual and other event technology rental and staging requirements.
***Knowledge of international event technology vendors and suppliers, able to support international events that you will project manage, is a nice to have but not required***
Ready to move your audio visual event management career to the next level in the ever-exploding event technology industry? If yes, read on!
Must Have Experience:
- Must have audio visual event technology industry experience with a minimum 5 recent years in the role of a Project Manager or Production Manager planning, executing and running " Big Show" corporate and concert events.
- Strong and documented project management and event management methodology including planning, scheduling and event day execution leadership skills.
- Must have prior technical " hands on" experience supporting and troubleshooting audio visual rental and staging equipment during live events.
- Experience managing international events, with knowledge of local foreign country/city event technology vendors and suppliers, is a nice to have but not required.
- Must have experience running multiple projects concurrently and managing budgets ranging from 20K to 500K or more
- Knowledge of audio visual equipment which includes but is not limited to audio, data, lighting, staging, video, digital signage, etc. preferred.
- Must have " Live" Corporate Event Production Management and Project Management Experience
- Strong customer service and communication Skills
- In charge of supervising and scheduling the staffing of technicians for all events using a combination of internal, freelance staff and external staff of up to 30 employees from various trade unions and contractors.
- The project manager communicates closely with Event Planners, Clients, Technicians and Facility Managers to ensure that all audio visual components are implemented in such a way as to provide a solution that meets the demands, not only of individuals involved, but also the goal(s) of the particular event.
- Perform site visits with customers and/or event planners to determine their individual standards for onsite productions as it relates to audio visual technician support.
- Work with customers prior to, the day of, and during events to ensure the proper staffing and make real time adjustments as necessary.
- Be prepared to be a contingency technician on an exception basis which may include assist with room configuration, setup and tear down of audio visual equipment in addition to physical configuration (lifting involved) and connecting and interfacing all audio visual equipment.
- Schedule appropriate staff based on event requirements.
- Work with third party vendor and union labor sources to ensure optimum outside labor sourcing (cost, skill level, flexibility, availability, etc.) as required.
- Work with Account Managers to ensure proper budgeting.
- Assist in taking rental orders.
- Provide highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Practice safety procedures.
Education and Certifications:
- Must possess a two-year college degree or higher
- CTS and/or any other A/V Industry certifications desired not required.