Regional Outside Sales Representative
Detroit, MI 48127
A leading national insurer of worship centers and related organizations (churches, synagogues, temples, schools, camps) is seeking a regional outside sales representative in the Detroit Metro area.
Looking for a new and exciting opportunity? The ideal outside sales professional will have experience generating new business through developing new client relationships and expanding the company’ s current client base.
Does this sound interesting to you? If YES apply today!
- Develop and implement plans to prospect, sell, and service new and existing insurance accounts within an assigned territory.
- Conduct on-site visits to inspect, evaluate, and document exposures, and conduct customer new business, renewal, and service presentations.
- Provide risk management and risk improvement advice as appropriate to customers and potential prospects.
- Evaluate exposures and round out customer accounts with appropriate coverage. Investigate and respond to customer inquiries.
- Maintain customer database and process automated insurance transactions.
- Maintain an insurance license in good standing and a valid driver' s license.
- Travel and overnight stays are required.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 3-5 years if experience prospecting and selling insurance.
- Possess an understanding of risk management and risk improvement issues.
- Ability to understand, interpret, and explain various insurance coverage.
- Ability to learn and use proprietary software and Microsoft products and stay current with changes.
- Able to work independently to specific performance standards and goals.
- Strong written/verbal presentation and listening skills.
- Demonstrated skills in relationships building, decision making, negotiation, communication, and closing the sale.
- Ability to apply basic math and drafting skills to create building replacement cost estimates and building perimeter diagrams.
- Ability to understand church structure and operation not required but would be a plus. A successful work history is essential.
- Bachelor' s degree is required.
- Significant industry experience with a high school diploma or equivalent may be considered in place of a bachelor' s degree.