Regional Director of Sales
Washington, District Of Columbia 20170 | Direct Hire
A national leading provider of AV integration services is looking for an experienced Regional Director of Sales to lead their growing division in the Washington, DC metro area. The ideal candidate will have at least 5-10 years of experience as a high producing sales contributor (Hunter!) and subsequent management experience required to lead a team of sales representatives, establishing sales goals, business development and ensuring team revenue and profit goals are achieved.
- Directly manage the sales team and fulfill the role of department head as the Director of Sales, oversee sales team management functions and facilitate the execution of the business development plan to achieve company sales, revenue and profit goals.
- Oversee handling of key accounts, which includes specific vertical markets targeted to sell and deploy audio/video solutions to businesses and government entities.
- Client and vendor intervention as needed and facilitate internal communications to provide direction and support of the sales team. Plan, organize and implement sales programs for the company.
- Establish a sales budget, forecast and reports on product and pricing trends, training program and other critical programs that are success factors designed to support the mission, objectives, guiding principles and vision of the company.
- Direct and lead staff related to sales activities utilizing in-depth industry knowledge and experience as a subject matter expert.
- Work with SVP of region to manage sales expense budgets to meet company objectives
Required Skills and Experience
- At least 5-10 years of progressive experience in technical sales and sales team/department management.
- At least 4 years experience as a Director of Sales and/or Manager of a sales team.
- Experience conducting market research, sales projections, territory or vertical market assignments, key and targeted account identification and new and existing customer development program
- Experience in strategic planning, goal setting, developing sales plans and meeting objectives for overall company performance, individual performance, employee retention and acquisition
- Experience overseeing the sales budget, facilitating planning, developing long-range plans for the department and participating in management team meetings.
- Experience working with and integrating marketing and go to market startegies
- Experience establishing funding requirements for staff development and training programs and working with management to regularly evaluate the development progress
- Experience preparing cost estimates on projects, determining pricing and signing off on all proposals for large projects.
Additional Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well-organized.
- Superior customer service skills to deal with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with diverse groups.
- Proficiency in the use of office products such as MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations.
- Valid and current driver’ s license.
- College Bachelors Degree (Preferred) or relevant work experience