PowerBi Developer - Remote
TierPM, an IT project management firm specializing in data analytics, application development and cloud hosted solutions, is seeking an experienced PowerBI Developer to join our growing team.
***Note: This is a 3-6 month temporary to permanent remote work from home opportunity. Minimal travel less than 20%***
The ideal PowerBI Developer will have at least 3-5 years experience with data analytics as well as using PowerBI as well as experience with Azure and SQL.
- Develop and maintain Power BI dashboards, reports and models to enable self-service and data discovery for business areas.
- Design and implement complex business visualizations, dashboards, and reports to deliver insights.
- Analysis of complicated data sets and presenting meaningful outcomes to a variety of stakeholders.
- Develop complex queries, views, and stored procedures to support BI visualizations.
- SQL queries necessary to extract, transform, or load data as part of integration and analysis development.
- Iteratively deliver business intelligence solutions as part of a collaborative team.
- Work with the team to architect, design, and develop quality business intelligence deliverables.
Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience on SQL Server 2012 or advanced versions. SQL Server 2016 is an added advantage.
- 2+ years of experience in Data warehousing with specific experience in BI report development and deployment.
- 3+ years’ experience in Power BI development.
- Should have analytical thinking capability to transform the data into visualizations/dashboard reports.
- Proficient at data visualization using Power BI and a strong application development.
- Expert knowledge using advanced calculations using MS Power BI Desktop (Aggregate, Date, Logical, String, Table).
- Good at creating different visualizations using Slicers, Lines, Pies, Histograms, Maps, Scatter, Bullets, Heat Maps, Tree maps, etc.
- Experience in creating dashboards, volume reports, operating summaries, and presentations and graphs.
- Experience in SSRS Integration to Power BI.
- Experience in Data Gateway for data refreshing, content Pack Library.
- Expert in publishing reports to app.powerbi.com and setting up the necessary connection details and scheduling.
- Excellent knowledge connecting Microsoft Power BI Desktop to various data sources. SQL Server is desirable.
- Experience in Custom Visuals and Groups Creation.
- Experience in Managing Embed Codes • Implementation of Row Level Security by defining various constraints for each defined ROLE.
- Knowledge on Azure is an added advantage.
- Experience in writing DAX in MS Power BI Desktop.
- Experience in creating calculated measures and columns with DAX in MS Power BI Desktop.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communications (verbal and written) skills.
- Ability to investigate large data sets, identify trends and create meaningful insight
- Practical understanding of the Data modeling (Dimensional Relational) concepts like Star-Schema Modeling, Snowflake Schema Modeling, Fact and Dimension tables.
- Self-motivated with software background and knowledge of current technologies
- Professional in oral and written communications, with solid presentation and communication skills Organized and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive solutions
- Has the ability to maintain relationships with technical resources at all levels of a customer organization.
- Software implementation and consulting experience
- Experience in the Audio Visual, Media and Broadcast Industry is a plus
- B.S. in Computer Science, BA in Business Administration or a related field is strongly preferred