Philadelphia, PA 19060
An exciting opportunity for an events and staging Lighting Technician in Philadelphia!
A growing national provider of event and staging services, is seeking an experienced Lighting Technician to join their growing team out of their Philadelphia, PA regional office.
The ideal applicant will have vast experience in the field event lighting with at least 2-3 years of experience as a Lighting Technician in the audio visual events and staging industry.
- Support lighting design and implementation for events and shows.
- Responsible for working with venues to install lighting based in requirements designated on the lighting design drawings.
- Maintain lighting equipment inventory and QC and repair all lighting components.
- Assist in hiring lighting technicians, train existing technicians, manage current technicians
- Review lighting and staging equipment specification(s) prior to each show for each job.
- Manage lighting expendables- gels, lamps and gobos.
- Maintain event staging software: lighting inventory weights and measures, repair records for equipment, recommend when equipment substitution or rental is necessary and/or requires repurposing or removal from inventory
- Conduct site surveys as needed
Required Skills And Experience
- Must have at least 5+ years of audio visual events and staging industry experience.
- 2+ years of recent experience in the role of a Lightuing Technician
- Mastery of the set up of 8’ and 10’ Leko light tree, current lighting controllers, Hog products, LED, conventional lighting fixtures and intelligent set up and operation
- Mastery of Dimmer set up and mastery of all scenic elements
- Knowledge of lightng design concepts
- Mastery of 3 point lighting techniques, rigging and plotting
- Mastery of Power (Shore and Remote), DMX, Socapex, and other power distribution requirements.
- Significant knowledge of all Event Staging disciplines
- Proficient at using PC' s and MS Office Suite.
Other Job Requirements
- Excellent driving record
- Must have night and weekend availability
- Must be able to lift at least 50lbs.
- Travel required based on IMS needs
- College degree preferred
- Proven track record of excellent internal and external customer service