Lead Field Technician
Charleston, SC 29401
An exciting opportunity for an Field Service Technician in Charleston, SC.
A leading national provider of AV/IT collaboration technology solutions is looking for an experienced Lead Field Service Technician in Charleston, SC.
The ideal candidate will have at least 1-2 years of recent industry experience in the role as a Field Service Technician and have an understanding of commercial construction methods required to support the installation of ceiling and wall mounted audio and video, paging and nurse call systems for healthcare providers. A strong knowledge of IT and data networking is required.
Looking for something new? If yes, read on!
- Manages commercial integration and installation projects such as video conferencing, telepresence, paging and nurse call for heathcare customers.
- Responsible for overall communication and completion of each project, as well as, communication and project scheduling with client
- Coordinates the installation with client, installation and technical personnel, and any associated subcontractors
- Responsible for each project from the awarding stage through final project completion
- Work directly with customer to establish and publish project timeline and completion date
- Responsible for communicating project progress/changes to customer
- Responsible for conducting project meetings with installation and technical staff
- Assist with scheduling of company installation and technical staff and any associated subcontractors
- Coordinate ship dates of all project related equipment
- Coordinate and process any project change orders
- Coordinate project documentation
- Work with administration to ensure accurate and timely billing to customer
Required Experience and Skills:
- At least 1-2 years of recent experience
- Must have knowledge and experience planning commercial construction tasks
- Fundamental IT/Data Network knowledge required.
- Must have leadership experience including planning, scheduling, tracking and status reporting
- Complements project documentation with company generated CAD drawings.
- Superior communication skills
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work well with other people
- Responsible for each project from the bidding stage through the final project completion and sign
- Termination of cabling at the head end rack locations, programming of components, troubleshooting and testing.
- Training of customer or end user personnel on operation and maintenance of system.
Education and Certifications:
- Minimum two-year electronics degree or equivalent combination of education and related field experience.