Lead Audio Visual Technician I
Dallas, TX 75244
An exciting opportunity for a Lead Audio Visual Technician I in Dallas, TX!
An established and leading national provider of corporate audio visual commercial integration services is seeking an experienced Lead Audio Visual Technician I in the Dallas, TX metro area.
The ideal candidate will have at least 4+ years experience with technical installations including managing on site job crews performing network installations and other low voltage installations on commercial integration projects and have exceptional customer service skills.
Looking for your next exciting audio visual industry career opportunity? If yes, read on!
- The Lead Audio Visual Technician I will manage and provide leadership on site technicians and assist the project manager with overall project needs
- The Lead Audio Visual Technician I will be responsible for hands on installation of audio video products to business requirements/specifications and also mentoring other Installers as needed.
- Responsible for the installation of audio video equipment including: LCD flat panels, video projection systems, speakers & microphones, cabling, fiber optics, racking and mounting AV devices and control system unit loading, troubleshooting and commissioning
- Perform system level diagnostics, troubleshooting, and reporting issues to the project manager
- Rack fabrication (in house and/or client site) as well as rigging/mounting of equipment and displays
- Perform quality control checks
- Installing, mounting and finishing with a variety of construction materials including wood, drywall, stone and tiles.
- Perform field system commissioning
Required Skills and Experience
- At least 4+ years of audio visual industry commercial or residential integration installation experience in a senior or lead installer position.
- Expert knowledge of commercial construction methods such as ceiling deck construction, wall framing and structural engineering
- Experience working with CAD design schematics to ensure systems installed and working at optimum levels per customer requirements
- Basic DSP Programming skills
- Advanced experience with full system commissioning (Functional Acceptance Testing/Site Acceptance Testing)
- Experience in configuring and troubleshooting Crestron, AMX and Extron audiovisual control systems
- Must have recent and current hands on experience installing audio visual equipment including flat panel displays, video walls, speakers video conferencing systems and control systems.
- Must have recent hands on experience with racking (fabricating and mounting), pulling/crimping/terminating cables and connecting components as required by blueprints and designs.
- Ability to read blueprints and install equipment to specifications required.
- Must have experience in electro-mechanical audio/video component installation.
Education and Certifications
- College Degree or equivalent work experience
- CTS or CTS-I Certification preferred
- Audio DSP Certifications preferred