Lead Audio Visual Installer
New York, NY 11225 | Direct Hire
An established and leading audio visual integration firm is seeking an experienced Lead Audio Visual Installer in New York City.
The ideal candidate will have at least 3-5 years experience leading teams of 3-10 audio visual installers on commercial integration projects and have exceptional customer service skills.
Looking for your next exciting audio visual industry career opportunity? If yes, read on!
- The Lead Audio Visual Installer will manage and provide leadership to teams of 3-10 audio visual commercial integration installation technicians.
- The Lead Audio Visual Installer will be responsible for hands on installation of audio video products to business requirements/specifications and also mentoring other Installers as needed.
- Responsible for the installation of audio video equipment including: LCD flat panels, video projection systems, speakers & microphones, cabling, fiber optics, racking and mounting AV devices and control system unit loading, troubleshooting and commissioning.
- Supervise installers installing, mounting and finishing with a variety of construction materials including wood, drywall, stone and tiles.
- Perform field system commissioning
Required Skills and Experience
- At least 3 years of audio visual industry commercial or residential integration installation experience in a senior or lead installer position.
- Expert knowledge of commercial construction methods such as ceiling deck construction, wall framing and structural engineering
- Experience in configuring and troubleshooting (not programming) Crestron, AMX and Extron audiovisual control systems is required.
- Must have recent and current hands on experience installing audio visual equipment including flat panel displays, video walls, speakers video conferencing systems and control systems.
- Must have recent hands on experience with racking (fabricating and mounting), pulling/crimping/terminating cables and connecting components as required by blueprints and designs.
- Must have knowledge of system commissioning
- Ability to read blueprints and install equipment to specifications required.
- Must have experience in electro-mechanical audio/video component installation.
Education and Certifications
- College Degree or equivalent work experience
- CTS or CTS-i Certification nice to have
- DMC certification nice to have