IT Project Manager - Work From Home
TierPM, an IT project management services firm specializing in data center infrastructure and application development solutions for clients nationwide, is seeking an experienced IT Infrastructure Project Manager. This is a 10-12 month opportunity with the potential for extension.
The ideal IT applicant will have 5-6 years of infrastructure project management experience specifically data center server consolidation, server migration and server refresh projects.
**Note: This is a Temp to Perm 10-12 month temporary contract work from home position.***
- Manage server refresh and server migration projects from definition to implementation.
- Lead projects via consultation, collaboration, problem-solving, decision making, and effective communication.
- Track and communicate server refresh project status, issues, and risks to stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle, and drive appropriate escalations.=
- Work with business and application owner groups to schedule the hardware refresh of their current server including any application requirements and dependencies
- Learn and apply a consistent project management framework around projects.
- At least 5-6 years of IT infrastructure project management experience.
- Recent experience managing server and infrastructure hardware refresh and migration type projects is ideal.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills including strong follow up skills.
- A process mindset and strong teamwork skills.
- Knowledge of Excel, MS Project, or other project management tools.
- Knowledge of servers, storage and network infrastructure is a plus, but not required.
Education and Certifications:
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- PMP, CAPM or ITIL certification is a nice to have.