IT Infrastructure Architect
Norfolk, VA 23324
TierPM, an IT project management services firm specializing in data center infrastructure and application development solutions for our clients nationwide, is seeking an experienced IT Infrastructure Architect to join our growing in the Norfolk, VA metro area.
The ideal IT solutions oriented Solution Engineer will have 4-6 years experience architecting complex application centric data center server consolidation, server migration and server refresh solutions.
In addition, applicants must have broad technical expertise architecting diverse data center technology solutions including Intel, Linux, AIX, Storage, VMWare, Networking, Cloud Hosting (Soft-Layer), Load Balancing, Disaster Recovery and Security requirements common in data center and server solutions.
- Provide data center and server solution thought leadership by creating server architectures, providing oversight for technical components, and creating technical roadmaps for data center and server consolidation projects.
- Responsible for the design of Intel, Unix and Linux server upgrade and/or migration solutions considering load balancing, virtualization, storage, security and DR considerations.
- Evaluate data center technologies and services needed to achieve server migration, consolidation and upgrade objectives.
- Provide forecasts and input for target system and site capacity planning.
- Work with application owners to evaluate application dependencies and produce server migration and/or upgrade solutions to ensure the successful server migration, consolidation or upgrade solution.
- Evaluate application workloads and develop cloud hosting, virtual and physical solutions based on the companies server architecture standards.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Must have a minimum of 6 years experience architecting Intel, Unix and Linux server systems including creating solutions for dependent storage, load balancing, security, networking as well as application dependencies such as IP changes, host name changes, service accounts, security access and upstream,/downstream application dependencies.
- Overall 10 years of experience in the IT data center infrastructure support field.
- Experience with technologies such as VMWare, AIX LPARs and cloud hosting solutions such as IBM Soft-Layer.
- Experience with hardware technologies such as IBM and EMC storage devices, F5 BigIP devices, IBM/HP Blade and Enclosure server hardware
- Excellent analytical, communications (written and verbal), customer service, and decision making skills
- Demonstrate strong prioritization, time management and organization skills
- A thought leader with the ability to convey complex ideas and concepts to all levels of the team.
- Must be able to work independently and also as a team member with minimal supervision
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline; advance degree preferred