IT Desktop Support Technician
Suffolk, VA 23434
We are seeking multiple temporary contract IT Desktop Support Technicians in the Suffolk, VA metro area. The ideal candidate will have a well-rounded skill set to include solid desktop (Mac and Windows), Android devices, networking and LAN cabling.
***This is a 3-6 month temporary contract opportunity.***
Required Experience and Skills:
- 3-5 years experience with the setup, configuration, and maintenance of PC desktops, laptops, and related peripheral devices (printers, scanners, etc.).
- Expert knowledge of installing, troubleshooting, administering Windows Operating System, Microsoft Office suite, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, McAfee Anti-Virus Software, Adobe Acrobat Reader/Writer, and other commercial business software products.
- Knowledge with setup, configuration, and troubleshooting of Android and Apple mobile devices.
- Working knowledge of supporting and troubleshooting Ethernet based LAN/WAN environments, including network protocols and concepts (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, etc.)
- Expert working knowledge and experience with Google E-mail and Exchange E-mail application installation, administration, troubleshooting and training (PST files, calendaring, distribution lists, etc.).
- Possesses professional and courteous attitude with customers, team members, and support vendors; and has the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with each.
- Possesses excellent customer service skills and is teamwork oriented.
- Possesses excellent problem solving skills and has the ability to utilize available resources to assess/resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Possesses good organization and time management skills.
- Possesses the ability to create documentation on technical issues and solutions that are easy to understand.