IT Data Center Sales Engineer
Paterson, New Jersey 07501 | Direct Hire
A leading national provider of IT technology solutions is looking for a IT Data Center Sales Engineer for their Metro Northern New Jersey office.
The ideal IT solutions oriented applicant will have at least 4 years experience providing pre and post sales support architecting complex application centric data centers, server Virtualization, consolidation, server migration and server refresh solutions.
In addition, applicants must have broad expertise architecting diverse technologies including Intel, Linux, AIX, Storage, VMWare, Networking, Cloud Hosting (Soft-Layer), Load Balancing, Disaster Recovery and Security requirements common in data center and server solutions, but also experience working with a sales team in a business development environment.
- Provide data center and server solution thought leadership by creating server architectures, providing oversight for technical components, and creating technical roadmaps for data center and server consolidation projects in a pre and post sales environment.
- Work closely wit the sales team to drive new business for the data center
- Responsible for the design of Intel, Unix and Linux server upgrade and/or migration solutions considering load balancing, virtualization, storage, security and DR considerations.
- Evaluate data center technologies and services needed to achieve server mvirtualization consolidation and upgrade objectives.
- Provide forecasts and input for target system and site capacity planning.
- Work with application owners to evaluate application dependencies and produce server migration and/or upgrade solutions to ensure the successful server migration, consolidation or upgrade solution.
- Evaluate application workloads and develop cloud hosting, virtual and physical solutions based on the companies server architecture standards.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Must have a minimum of 6 years experience architecting Intel, Unix and Linux server systems including creating solutions for dependent storage, load balancing, security, networking as well as application dependencies such as IP changes, host name changes, service accounts, security access and upstream,/downstream application dependencies.
- Overall 10 years of experience in the IT data center infrastructure support field.
- Experience with technologies such as VMWare, AIX LPARs and cloud hosting solutions such as IBM Soft-Layer.
- Experience with hardware technologies such as IBM and EMC storage devices, F5 BigIP devices, IBM/HP Blade and Enclosure server hardware
- Excellent analytical, communications (written and verbal), customer service, and decision making skills
- Demonstrate strong prioritization, time management and organization skills
- A thought leader with the ability to convey complex ideas and concepts to all levels of the team.
- Must be able to work independently and also as a team member with minimal supervision
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline; advance degree preferred