General Manager, Audio Visual Event Operations
Washington, DC 20002
A leading national provider of corporate audio visual and collaboration technology rental and support services, is looking for a seasoned leader, with division / director level management experience, to oversee their regional event technology AV/IT rental and staging operations based out of their regional office in the Washington, DC area.
Note: Candidate must have recent experience overseeing audio visual operations that involve the in-house corporate " managed services" outsourced support of audio visual technologies such as video conferencing, audio conferencing, projection systems, flat panel display units, audio, lighting as well as server and desktop rentals.
- Oversee, lead and own all event technology division operations including event operations, personnel, budget, P&L, business development objectives and division hiring/firing requirements.
- Supervise, mentor and develop division staff including line management and individual contributors.
- Maintain business development objectives, goals and plans. Build, lead and drive sales objectives.
- Interface with sales, clients and production team to ensure events are properly planned and executed.
- Work with third party vendor and union labor sources to ensure maximized labor staffing and utilization to budget.
- Perform site visits with customers, company personnel and/or event planners.
- Work with the event management team to ensure the proper staffing and make real time adjustments as necessary.
Required Experience and Skills
- Must have at least 5 years of progressive technical and then leadership experience in the Audio Visual Event Technology Rental and Staging industry.
- Must have at least 3-4 recent years of management experience specifically in the Audio Visual rental and staging event technology industry.
- Experience in event rental and staging management including operations, staffing and budget management.
- Must have considerable P&L management experience.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills working with all levels of customers, company employees and union contractors.
- 4 Year College Degree
- CTS or other related AV industry certifications desired not required