Field Technician - Telecommunications
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15221 | Direct Hire
An exciting opportunity for an Audio Visual/IT Field Engineer in Pittsburgh, PA.
A leading national provider of Audio Visual and IT collaboration technology solutions is looking for an experienced Audio Visual/IT Field Engineer in Pittsburgh, PA.
The ideal candidate will have at least 1-2 years of recent audio visual/IT/UC commercial integration industry experience in the role as a Field Engineer or project coordinator and have an understanding of commercial construction methods required to support the installation of ceiling and wall mounted audio and video systems for video conferencing and telepresence solutions. A strong knowledge of IT and data networking is required as well as experience with AVST, Avaya, Cisco and Nortel products, including IP Telephony and Call Pilot voicemail multimedia solutions.
Looking for something new? If yes, read on!
- Manages Audio Visual/IT commercial integration and installation projects such as video conferencing and telepresence for corporate, education and government customers
- Responsible for overall communication and completion of each project, as well as, communication and project scheduling with client
- Coordinates the installation with client, installation and technical personnel, and any associated subcontractors
- Responsible for each project from the awarding stage through final project completion
- Work directly with customer to establish and publish project timeline and completion date
- Responsible for communicating project progress/changes to customer
- Responsible for conducting project meetings with installation and technical staff
- Assist with scheduling of company installation and technical staff and any associated subcontractors
- Coordinate ship dates of all project related equipment
- Coordinate and process any project change orders
- Coordinate project documentation
- Work with administration to ensure accurate and timely billing to customer
Required Experience and Skills:
- At least 1-2 years of recent audiovisual project management in the audio visual commercial integration industry
- Must have knowledge and experience planning commercial construction tasks and dependencies including the deployment of video conferencing and telepresence solutions
- Fundamental IT/Data Network knowledge required.
- Must have experience with AVST, Avaya, Cisco and Nortel products, including IP Telephony and Call Pilot voicemail multimedia solutions.
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft Project with ability to create gantt charts
- Must have project management experience including planning, scheduling, tracking and status reporting
- Experience with audio visual control systems such as Crestron, AMX and Extron
- Superior communication skills
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work well with other people
- Responsible for each project from the bidding stage through the final project completion and sign
- Termination of cabling at the head end rack locations, programming of components, troubleshooting and testing.
- Training of customer or end user personnel on operation and maintenance of system.
Education and Certifications:
- Minimum two-year electronics degree or equivalent combination of education and related field experience.