Event Labor Coordinator
Orlando, FL 32789
A leading national provider of corporate event support services is seeking an outgoing and organized Event Labor Coordinator in theOrlando, FL metro area.
The Event Labor Coordinator is an operational position and the ideal applicant will have experience booking internal and external labor to support conventions, exhibitions and corporate meeting events.
***Experience coordinating technical event technology and audio visual contracted labor resources is a nice to have***
- Coordinate and plan for all temporary labor requirements needed for planned events including conventions, corporate meetings and concerts
- Meet with the event operations team on a regular basis to book all internal and external labor assignments
- Coordinate with external labor brokers and independent contractors with show set-up information, documents, and other information as needed
- Contact new labor brokers and independent contractors to attain W9, Certificate of Insurance and Independent Contractor Agreements
- Create and enter crew calls into Flex Rental system
- Research and book all travel for company and contracted event labor resources and resolve travel disturbances or cancellations in timely, professional and accurate manner
- Communicate with assigned Event Production Managers on a regular basis, and as needed
- Review and accurately correct incoming labor invoices in timely manner, and submit to Project Manager for final approval
Required Skills and Experience:
- Two or more years of staffing and/or labor scheduling experience in an event setting is required
- Audio visual event technology industry experience is a nice to have
- Proven track record of excellent internal and external customer service
- Proficient PC knowledge including using MS Office Suite.
- Strong math skills
- Problem solving abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High school diploma or GED is required
- Associate or Bachelor’ s College degree is preferred