Data Architect - Power BI - Tableau
1401 E Broad Street Richmond, Virginia 23220 | Contract
We are seeking an experienced Data Architect with Tableau and Power BI experience in the Richmond, VA metro area.
The ideal Data Architect candidate will have 6-10 years experience analyzing business needs, and developing appropriate data deliverables (i.e. data models, data flow diagrams, data dictionary and glossaries).
- Assist in extending the scope of enterprise data warehouse and the analytics program.
- Create data models and xml schemas at all levels including conceptual, logical, and physical for both relational and dimensional solutions. Models will include objects, entities, attributes, their inter-relationships and dependencies in 3N and/or dimensional formats.
- Integrate disparate data models into coherent enterprise data models.
- Forward engineer physical models to create DDL scripts to implement new databases or database changes. Reverse engineer databases and synchronize data models with actual data implementations.
- Create data dictionaries and business glossaries to document data lineages, data definitions and metadata for all business-critical data domains.
- Identify and reconcile inconsistencies in data definitions, e.g., synonyms and homonyms.
- Work to identify master data (entities and attributes) and capture how data is interpreted by users in various parts of the organization.
- Capture business rules that govern how data is transformed, integrated, and used.
- Develop canonical models and data transformation rules using XML
- At least 6-10 years providing analytical and technical support for developing appropriate data deliverables, such as, data models, data flow diagrams, data dictionary and glossaries.
- Must have experience creating reports and data visualizations in Power BI and Tableau.