Oakland, CA 94705
An exciting opportunity for an Audio Visual Commissioning Engineer in the SF Bay Area!
A leading national provider of integrated audio visual collaboration technology solutions is looking for an experienced Audio Visual Project Engineer in the SF Bay Area.
The Audio Visual Project Engineer will handle all aspects of post-sale audio visual system engineering and design, and support the project team during the installation and commissioning phases.
- Review new projects validate design requirements.
- Participate in audio visual integration project kick-off meetings.
- Review, validate and provide feedback regarding the budget allocated for the technical design.
- Create and present RFIs based on project needs to ensure all documentation is accurate
- Make necessary drawing changes in Auto-cad to correct or update designs.
- Assist to create schedules and size the work required by the installation team.
- Provide hardware configuration details and assist to complete order forms required hardware and software.
- Provide cabling and parts list to be ordered by the project manager
- Review all quotes provided by third party vendors
- Provide baseline hardware configuration files (i.e. DSP, video wall, scaler configurations, etc.)
- Manage project escalations and complete any required change orders
- Maintain and expand post sales engineering standards and documentation as needed
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 2-5 years of audio visual commercial design related experience in the capacity of a Design, System or Project Engineer.
- Significant drafting experience using AutoCad or similar drafting CAD software is required.
- Must have significant knowledge and experience with wired or wireless data networks required to support video conferencing, VOIP audio conferencing, and control system networking
- Must have experience with setup, configuration and troubleshooting of control systems including Crestron, Extron and AMX, Medialon, Peavey, QSC Q-Sys, 7th Sense, WATCHOUT and Alcorn McBride).
- Any formal training from Biamp, ClearOne, Polycom, Cisco is a nice to have
- Expert understanding of construction practices, architectural drawing standards, ADA compliance, and all other audio visual integration related standards.
- Knowledge and experience in the IT network communications a plus.
Education and Certifications:
- CTS or CTS-D certification nice to have.