Business Continuity Consultant
Merrill, WI 54452
A leading national insurer of worship centers and related organizations (churches, synagogues, temples, schools, camps) is seeking a Business Continuity Consultant in the Lincoln County, WI metro area.
Looking for a new and exciting opportunity? The ideal Business Continuity Consultant will have experience developing, maintaining, and administering the Business Continuity (BC) Program.
Does this sound interesting to you? If YES apply today!
- Create, develop, and implement a BC Program roadmap and operational framework harnessing best practices and building on existing response and recovery capabilities.
- Establish and implement testing methodologies to assure recovery procedures are effective for the restoration of key corporate resources and for the resumption of critical business functions in a disaster situation.
- Own BC Program governance and all related processes. Identify, test, and implement BC Program improvements.
- Coordinate business continuity documentation, maintenance updates and exercises with appropriate internal departments. Drive creation of productive, interactive relationships within CM Groups’ various internal departments, and IT.
- Document and report on the BC Program status, strategies, efforts, and findings within a variety of environments to stakeholders.
- Develop and deliver a formal and continuous BCM awareness program.
- Manage and maintain BCM technology infrastructure and a shared website for plan materials and supporting documents.
- Support the development, implementation, and maintenance of tools, practices, and policies to analyze, report, and manage enterprise risks, according to an ERM framework.
Skills and Experience:
- Seven to nine years of experience in business continuity required, with a minimum of 2 years experience in the insurance industry preferred. BC Program development experience preferred.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of current disaster recovery planning techniques and technologies as well as the methods used in performing risk analyses and business impact analyses.
- Ability to recognize risk to the organization and develop effective risk mitigation plans.
- Ability to maintain composure, level focus, and critical thinking in a time of crisis.
- Proven interpersonal communication skills; both written and oral with technical and non-technical staff and all levels of management and ability to make presentations.
- Demonstrated skills in planning, problem solving, and analysis.
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage resources to achieve specific timelines.
- Ability to travel occasionally to other CM Group office locations as required.
- Ability to provide 24/7 on call support for any emergency situation.
- Bachelor' s degree required or the equivalent in related business continuity experience.
- One or more of the following designations are preferred: Certified Business Continuity Auditor (CBCA), Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP), Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU), Associate of Risk Management (ARM), Master Business Continuity Professional (MBCP).