Audiovisual Security Technician
Newark, NJ 07936
Job Title: Physical Security Technician
FLSA Status: Full time, Non-exempt
SUMMARY: Physical Security Technicians support New Era, NJ customers CCTV and Access control systems via service calls both remotely and onsite. They will also support New Era - NJ Project Managers, Network Engineers, and Security Engineers.
HIERARCHY: Physical Security Technician position reports directly to the Vice President of New Era, NJ who reports to the Chief Operations Officer, NJ who reports to the President.
- Complete moves, adds, and changes for customers, remote and on site
- Coordinate onsite deployment of CCTV, and Access Control Systems
- Complete equipment programming for CCTV and Access control systems prior to being installed for new and existing projects.
- Interest in technology and understanding of technical issues
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Effective verbal, listening and written communication skills
- Effective organizational, stress and time management skills
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and/or as a team member
- 2-5 years’ experience programming and installing CCTV and Access Control Systems
- 2-5 years’ experience with field installations of new systems
- Experience servicing existing CCTV and Access control systems for large multi-site customers both onsite and remotely
- Hands on experience with Low Voltage, Power, Relays, Lock Strikes, Mag Locks
- Hands on experience of Lock Strike Installation, REX, and Door Status Monitors
- Hanwha Techwin (formerly Samsung) IP, Analog cameras and Appliances
- NAS, Storage Systems
- Certifications for CCTV and Access Control Systems
- Proficient in Windows 7/10, Server 2008, 2012, 2016
- Panasonic iPro, Video Inisght, Monitorcast
- RS2/Lenel/S2 Access Control
- Cloud management of CCTV or Access Control
- LINUX Unbuntu
- Knowledge of RAID levels
REQUIRED EDUCATION: Bachelor’ s Degree or equivalent experience
LANGUAGE SKILLS: English
- Ability to drive a company van to client sites
- Ability to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist, and reach daily
- Ability to safely use ladders, scaffolding and lifts
- Regularly use hands and fingers to handle, control or feel objects
- Regularly see details of objects that are less than a few feet away
- Regularly speak clearly so listeners can understand
- Regularly understand the speech of another person
- Frequently work on projects that require deadlines
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds
WORK ENVIRONMENT: East Hanover, NJ office and client sites
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK: Business hours are Monday through Friday 8: 30 AM to 5: 00 PM. However, required work hours may vary depending on business needs. Overtime may be required.
TRAVEL: 80% local travel required
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Employee Name: _______________________ Signature: ______________________
Supervisor Name: ______________________ Signature: ______________________
New Era Technology provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, pregnancy, marital status, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.
In addition to federal law requirements, New Era Technology complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.