Audio Visual Support Technician
New York, NY 10001
An exciting opportunity for Audio Visual Support Technician in NYC!
A leading audio visual commercial integration firm is seeking an experienced Audio Visual Support Technician to provide onsite " white glove" support for its Lower Manhattan client.
The ideal candidate will have experience supporting and troubleshooting a fully integrated event facility or corporate space, including providing laptop, desktop, and mobile device support as well as having exceptional customer service skills.
Is this job right up your alley? Looking for you next exciting career opportunity? If yes, read on!
- The AV Technician will be responsible for hands on installation of audio video products to business requirements/specifications
- Experience in the concept of " Edge Blending" for multiple projection displays
- Providing support for the setup and breakdown of all onsite meetings and ensuring all presentation spaces are presentable for use
- Quality assurance testing of AV equipment and room functionality including remote testing.
- Responsible for the support of audio video equipment including: LCD flat panels, video projection systems, speakers & microphones, cabling, fiber optics, racking and mounting AV devices and control system unit loading, and troubleshooting
- Providing level 1 help desk support and troubleshooting of computer and mobile devices
Required Skills and Experience
- Audio visual commercial industry experience
- Experience with managing an AV event space, identifying, and coordinating equipment refreshes as needed.
- Experience with troubleshooting (not programming) Crestron audiovisual control systems
- Must have recent hands on experience testing and troubleshooting projectors, microphones, speakers, amplifiers & LCD/Plasma Displays
- Experience using audio mixer software to diagnose and fix any room sound issues
- Experience operating cameras and video equipment (as needed)
- Must have experience with basic computer (laptops and desktops) and mobile device support including basic IP and ISDN Knowledge.
Additional Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well-organized.
- Superior customer service skills to deal with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Working experience with corporate environment.
- College Degree or equivalent work experience
- CTS Certification Preferred