Audio Visual Support Technician
Charlotte, North Carolina | Direct Hire
A leading national provider of integrated collaboration technology solutions is seeking an Audio Visual Support Technician in the Charlotte, NC metro area.
**Experience configuring and supporting network attached audio and video devices, including video conferencing equipment is required.**
The Audio Visual Support Technician Engineer will help with all aspects of pre and post-sale audio visual and IT system engineering, design and on-going support. Experience with network attached audio visual audio and video devices is required.
Looking for an exciting audio visual and IT industry career opportunity? Then this job is for you!
- Provide support for network attached audio and video equipment.
- Provide Microsoft Window Server Support including basic support for SQL database connectivity and configurations.
- Participate in AV/IT integration project kick-off meetings, system design and technical planning.
- Make necessary drawing changes in Auto-cad to correct or update server and related system designs
- Assist to create schedules and size the work required by the installation team
- Provide server hardware configuration details and assist to complete order forms required hardware and software
- Provide cabling and parts list to be ordered by the project manager
- Review all quotes provided by third party vendors for accuracy
Required Experience and Skills:
- Must have general knowledge and experience with audio visual and IT servers including wired and/or wireless data networks required for audio visual and IT systems.
- Minimum of 2+ years of audio visual and IT support experience.
- Must have experience supporting networked attached audio visual audio and video devices.
- Experience with the setup, configuration and troubleshooting of audio visual control systems, including Crestron.
- Must have experience supporting Windows Server Operating Systems.
- Must have basic experience with SQL databases as it relates to connecting devices and service accounts to SQL databases.
- Knowledge and experience in IT data network communications
- Must be proficient with test and calibration equipment and have recent experience with user acceptance testing when new server environments are deployed.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot complex server and database system issues.
Education and Certifications:
- At least a two year college degree in Electronics or relative work experience
- IT or Audio Visual industry certification is a nice to have.