Audio Visual Service Technician
Philadelphia, PA 19087
An exciting opportunity for an Audio Visual Service Technician in the Philadelphia, PA Metro area.
A leading national provider of innovative collaboration technology solutions is looking for an experienced Audio Visual Service Technician in the Philadelphia, PA metro area.
The Audio Visual Service Technician will handle all aspects of audio visual equipment installation, programming, and quality control during the initial installation and ongoing post build support phases. The ideal candidate will have expert knowledge of audio visual industry standards including installation, commercial integration and ongoing support.
Must be an expert at installing and troubleshooting video conferencing systems and also have expert level knowledge of Extron, Crestron, AMX, Polycom, Cisco, Biamp and Clearone audio visual control systems.
- Responsible for the configuration, troubleshooting and maintenance of electronic communication systems, including but not limited to professional audio systems, video display systems, automation control systems, Telepresence and Video-Conferencing solutions.
- Preform on-going and preventative maintenance visits to help maintain a stable client based audio visual systems.
- Clean equipment such as monitors, flat panel displays, camera lenses and equipment fans.
- Tests and documents readings for customer' s systems
- Troubleshoots and repairs audio visual and IT components
- Trains and instructs the customer on the proper use of the equipment
- Responsible for reading and interpreting wiring diagrams, schematics, and blueprints
- Assists with preventive maintenance and upgrades of customer hardware and software components
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 2-4 recent years of experience in the role of an Audio Visual Service/Field Technician.
- Experience installing, testing and configuring video conferencing and/or telepresence equipment.
- Must have experience troubleshooting Extron, Crestron, AMX, Polycom, Cisco, Biamp and Clearone equipment.
- Knowledge and experience in the IT data networking and wireless LANs is required.
- Ability to diagnose complex networked attached audio visual and collaboration technology system problems.
- Ability to solder & crimp cables and connectors
- Experience reading and interpreting wiring diagrams, schematics, and blueprints
- Must be able to read and effectively interpret general business documentation.
- Valid and current driver’ s license.
Education and Certifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience. College Degree Preferred
- CTS - I required.