Audio Visual Lead Installer
Charleston, SC 29401
An exciting opportunity for an Audio Visual Lead Installer in Charleston, SC.
A leading national provider of Audio Visual and IT collaboration technology solutions is looking for an Audio Visual lead Installer in Charleston, SC.
The ideal candidate will have at least 1-2 years of recent audio visual commercial integration industry experience in the role as a project manager and have an understanding of commercial construction methods required to support the installation of ceiling and wall mounted audio and video systems for video conferencing and telepresence solutions. A strong knowledge of IT and data networking is required.
Looking for something new? If yes, read on!
- Manages Audio Visual commercial integration and installation projects such as video conferencing and telepresence for corporate, education and government customers
- Responsible for overall communication and completion of each project, as well as, communication and project scheduling with client
- Coordinates the installation with client, installation and technical personnel, and any associated subcontractors
- Responsible for each project from the awarding stage through final project completion
- Work directly with customer to establish and publish project timeline and completion date
- Responsible for communicating project progress/changes to customer
- Responsible for conducting project meetings with installation and technical staff
- Assist with scheduling of company installation and technical staff and any associated subcontractors
- Coordinate ship dates of all project related equipment
- Coordinate and process any project change orders
- Coordinate project documentation
- Work with administration to ensure accurate and timely billing to customer
Required Experience and Skills:
- At least 1-2 years of recent audiovisual project management in the audio visual commercial integration industry
- Must have knowledge and experience planning commercial construction tasks and dependencies including the deployment of video conferencing and telepresence solutions
- Fundamental IT/Data Network knowledge required.
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft Project with ability to create gantt charts
- Must have project management experience including planning, scheduling, tracking and status reporting
- Complements project documentation with company generated CAD drawings.
- Experience with audio visual control systems such as Crestron, AMX and Extron
- Superior communication skills
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work well with other people
- Responsible for each project from the bidding stage through the final project completion and sign
- Termination of cabling at the head end rack locations, programming of components, troubleshooting and testing.
- Training of customer or end user personnel on operation and maintenance of system.
Education and Certifications:
- Minimum two-year electronics degree or equivalent combination of education and related field experience.