Audio Visual Field Technician
Long Island City, NY 11101 | Direct Hire
A leading provider of audio visual commercial collaboration technology solutions is seeking a Senior Audio Visual Field Technician in Long Island NY to service the NYC region.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of recent audio visual commercial or residential experience as a lead installing audio visual solutions such as cabling, racking, flat panel video screens, high end speakers, video projection units and automation systems such as Crestron, AMX, Extron and Biamp.
Looking for you next exciting career opportunity in the growing audio visual commercial integration industry? If yes, read on!
- Manages, maintains and is responsible for all service and commissioning of customers’ audio video equipment and fully integrated conference rooms include auditoriums and board rooms.
- Must be able to interface direct with the customer on a daily basis and responsibilities include maintaining daily functionality of all AV and integrated systems.
- Serve as the lead technician as a senior point of escalation and guidance.Perform system commissioning and closeout protocol on a daily basis.
- Responsible for identifying defective or failed equipment and resolution.
- Work with client support departments and company account representatives to provide clients with resolution options.
- Interface with manufacturers, developers, engineers, and project managers to provide resolutions for highly complex systems
- Perform remote troubleshooting
- Provide punch lists and documentation on daily basis.
- Perform routine maintenance and problem diagnosis for projectors, microphones, speakers, amplifiers, LCD/Plasma Displays.
- Troubleshoot and install Audio and Videoconferencing systems.
- Make modifications in the field to Crestron/Extron control systems
- Ability to read and utilize blue prints and audio/video flow diagrams
- Perform network troubleshooting to diagnose static and dynamic IPs
- Utilize audio mixer software to calibrate and eliminate echo and feedback
- Ability to use test equipment to troubleshoot system problems
- Gather and analyze system logs and system settings for codecs, control systems, mixers, and complex broadcast equipment as needed
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Associated Technical trade school Diploma or College Diploma (Preferred)
- Crestron –(All minor certifications, DMC-E) - Preferred
- Extron- (All minor certifications) - Preferred
- DSP-(Biamp, Clear One, Polycom Certifications) Preferred
- CTS Certification Preferred