Audio Visual Design Engineer
Davenport, IA 52807
A leading provider of audio visual and IT collaboration technology is seeking an experienced Audio Visual Systems Design Engineer to work on commercial integration projects in the Davenport, Quad Cities area in Iowa.
The ideal candidate will have at least 2+ years of audio visual commercial integration design experience and be highly skilled in the design, install and troubleshooting of advanced of audio, video, Video Conferencing, telepresence and associated control systems.
- The A/V Design Engineer will be responsible for reviewing site surveys, designing customer solutions based on requirements, estimating, and producing documentation suitable for sales presentations and system installation, and control system programming scopes.
- Must be able to produce advanced audio visual designs including: control flow diagrams, video and audio components
- Experience designing with the latest AV products including AMX, Biamp, Crestron, Extron, Panasonic, Polycom, Sony, and Tandberg.
- Must have the ability to read architectural, mechanical and electrical (MEP) drawing sets.
- Prepare proposals and designs for audiovisual system integrations and installations.
- Create construction and system integration documents (CAD Drawings, Blue Prints and CSI Specifications)
- Communicate and coordinate technical design solutions with clients, installation teams and vendors
- Provide sales and technical staff with high end technical support on both a pre- and post-sales basis including attending project meetings.
- Contributing to design review and code review as required.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of current and new technologies that company offers.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- At least 2+ years of overall audiovisual commercial integration industry experience as a hands on A/V Design Engineer or Systems Engineer working commercial integration projects.
- Experience with structureal and MEP Design Concepts
- A proven track record in audiovisual systems engineering and control systems commissioning
- Ability to write a scope of work and finalize a system deployment and build-out.
- AutoCAD or StarDraw experience
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work well with other people.
Education and Certifications
- Bachelors Degree (Preferred)
- CTS Certification with CTS-D nice to have