Audio Visual Design Engineer
14738 Central Avenue Chino, CA 91710
A leading provider of high performance business communications solution services is looking for an experienced AV Design Engineer in the to work on commercial AV integration projects throughout.
The ideal candidate will be CTS or CTS-D certified and have at least 5-6+ years of overall AV Design Engineering experience. You will be responsible for Sales, deployment, design, engineering and spearheading the AV division. No cap on growth!
Interested in this exciting new position? Then apply now!
- The AV Design Engineer will be responsible for reviewing site surveys, designing customer solutions based on requirements, estimating, and producing documentation suitable for sales presentations and system installation, and control system programming scopes
- Assisting in developing overall technology system layouts and schematics for various projects incorporating A/V systems - like Education, Corporate, Universities, K-12 and Venues
- Provide sales and technical staff with high end technical support on both a pre- and post-sales basis including attending project meetings.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose equipment problems in a senior service support role. That includes testing, troubleshooting of system components and functions and field verification of connections, labels, installation and work quality
- Will understand advanced system drawings, specifications and technical manuals. Create shop drawings and submittals for new project kick-off
- Must understand Control System and / or DSP program manipulation and commissioning. Must be able to Upload and manipulate code for AV equipment such as DSP (Biamp/QSC/BSS/ClearOne) for example and upload and manipulate code for (Crestron/Extron/AMX), matrix mixers and switchers, VTC (Cisco/Polycom)
- Will be able to commission audio systems
- Will be able to configure IP addressable devices and have a basic understanding of data networking
- Will include work both “ in house” and in the field when required
- Will assume ownership of project installation giving support to field staff and project manager. This includes providing advanced support for field installation staff.
- Will assist with maintaining and completing project punch-list for project close outs.
- Will oversee the technical aspects of projects and IT coordination.
- Will pre quality-check the projects, test all equipment and functionality and create punch lists.
- Will assist sales staff as needed with product and system demonstrations.
- Will handle other responsibilities as assigned.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- At least 5-6+ years of overall Audio Visual commercial solution/services industry experience.
- A proven track record in AV systems engineering and control systems commissioning
- Ability to write a scope of work and finalize a system deployment and build-out.
- AutoCAD or Bluebeam (prefferd) experience
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work well with other people.
Education and Certifications
- Bachelors or Technical Degree (Preferred)
- CTS Certification with CTS-D as highly preferable