Agile Project Manager
Norfolk, VA 23324
TierPM, an IT Project Management consulting firm, is seeking a senior technical Project Manager to manage and deliver complex application development projects for our client in the Norfolk, VA metro area.
- Hands-on technical application development project management partnering with application development staff and business group stakeholders;
- Coordinate and communicate with management and development teams to coordinate work tasks and resourcing;
- Communicate timelines and expectations to technical and business staff;
- Collaborate with vendors, consultants, and contractors in the execution of projects including contract management and working with the procurement office;
- Adhere to project management practices and governance requirements and coordination with Project Management Offices.
- Maintains project budget, plans, tasks, schedules, risks, and status and disseminates information to team members and customers as defined in the communications plan.
- Ensures documentation of requirements and uses cases, facilitate design workshops for assigned project;
- Ensures definition of test objectives, designed test plans and test cases for assigned project;
- Provide the management of project milestones and deliverables for on-time and on-budget delivery.
- Define and measure progress with metrics;
- Support system and application training efforts;
Experience and Skills:
- Must have a minimum of 8 years experience managing large application development and business process projects.
- Experience in both Agile and Waterfall project management.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Visio, PowerPoint, Project Server)
- Knowledge of and experience managing projects utilizing the following technologies is nice to have:
- .NET Framework and Web Based Applications
- Oracle, SQL
- ESRI ArcGIS Desktop & Web-based Applications (ArcMap, ArcGIS Server ArcGIS Online)
Education and Certifications
- Must have at least a Bachelors Degree
- PMP or Qualified under Commonwealth of Virginia Qualification Standards for IT Project Managers for Category 4 Projects.
- Agile Scrum Master certification is a nice to have.