Director - Event Technology Operations
Fort Myers, Florida | Direct Hire
A leading national provider of corporate event technology Audio Visual and Information Technology rental and staging services, is looking for a seasoned leader with division level management experience to oversee their AV/IT Event Technology rental and staging division based out of Fort Myers, FL.
This is a Director level opportunity and the ideal candidate will have prior manager or director level leadership experience overseeing and managing AV event operations including P&L and new business development in the commercial AV/IT Event Technology Rentals and Staging solutions industry.
- Oversee, lead and own all event technology division operations including event operations, personnel, budget, P&L, business development objectives and division hiring/firing requirements.
- Supervise, mentor and develop division staff including line management and individual contributors.
- Maintain business development objectives, goals and plans. Build, lead and drive sales objective achievement via the sales team.
- Interface with sales, clients and production team to ensure events are properly planned and executed.
- Work with third party vendor and union labor sources to ensure maximized labor staffing and utilization to budget.
- Perform site visits with customers, company personnel and/or event planners.
- Work with the event management team to ensure the proper staffing and make real time adjustments as necessary.
Required Experience and Skills
- Must have at least 10 years of progressive technical and then leadership experience in the Audio Visual Event Technology Rental and Staging industry.
- Must have at least 3-4 recent years of division level executive management experience specifically in the Audio Visual rental and staging event technology industry.
- Experience in event rental and staging management including operations, staffing and budget management.
- Must have considerable P&L management experience.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills working with all levels of customers, company employees and union contractors.
- Technical College degree or equivalent experience
- CTS or other related AV industry certifications desired not required